Nowadays blogs are so effective that there is not a business out there that cannot benefit from the use of blogging. This post will explain different types of blogs, the advantages as well as benefits you will gain from blogging. It will also give a recommended resource at the end.
There are many types of blogs that contribute to building a brand including:
- Product blogs – Blogs that are designed to promote a specific company and its products might contain news about upcoming releases, how present products are used and other related information.
- Service blogs – Companies that sell services rather than specific products often use blogs to share information about their industry, to share tips and so on.
- Professional blogs – Doctors, lawyers, accountants and other professionals use blogs for exposure on the Internet and to share vital information with readers. A doctor, for example, might write posts about maintaining health and what to expect from certain treatments. This type of blog builds on the professional’s own brand.
- Government blogs – Many governmental agencies on the city, state and federal levels now use blogs to impart important information to citizens.
- Artistic blogs – Published authors, journalists, artists, musicians and others in the creative fields use blogs to boost their own brand recognition. They often use these vehicles to update fans on their current projects, to share personal news and more.
- Niche blogs– In some cases, the brand is the blog itself. Some entrepreneurs create blogs geared to a specific topic and build themselves up as authorities on the said topic. To generate income, they sell advertising on their blogs or act as affiliate marketers for products related to the niche.
- Organizational blogs – Many nonprofit organizations now use blogs to connect with their supporters. These blogs might contain information about fundraising efforts, public appearances, current public service campaigns and more. Blogs have proven very effective for helping build the brand recognition of different nonprofit organizations while also assisting them in gaining support and even reaching out to clients they service.
The beauty of blogs is that they can be used in a variety of ways to reach out to readers and build and maintain a following.
The Power of Blogging
The exposure gained through this format can prove to be a very powerful force in building a brand and the business behind it. When a blog becomes a force on the Internet within its own specific niche, traffic numbers can go through the ceiling. Keep in mind that traffic on a Web site is similar to customers walking in through a front door – some will purchase products and services. The more traffic obtained, the more likely success will follow.
When a blog is successful, ranks high with the search engines and garners a lot of traffic, it can pay off by:
- Building brand name recognition – The more visitors a blog pulls in, the more people around the globe will hear about a particular brand. When this exposure is coupled with a solid product, service or company and other branding efforts, people will become more familiar with the brand and more comfortable with it.
- Creating a buzz for a brand or product– The exposure gained from blogging can get people talking about a specific brand. This builds word-of-mouth advertising and can greatly impact the number of customers a company receives.
- Increasing direct sales – When blogging efforts pique client interest, the real results can show up in the bottom line. The more a brand is understood and talked about, the more likely it is people will trust the brand’s products enough to purchase whatever is being sold.
The Advantages of Blogging
Blogging has many advantages whether it is used on its own or, more appropriately, as part of a multipronged branding campaign. They include:
- Highly affordable – Launching a blog is something that can literally be done on a shoestring budget. It costs next to nothing to establish an effective blog. While it is certainly feasible to put a sizeable investment into the effort by hiring pros for design and writing, these expenses are not necessarily required. Pros can make blogs and the sites they are built on look and present better, but costs can be kept down through a do-it-yourself job when necessary.
- Popular – The short, to-the-point format of most blogs makes them highly popular with readers all over the globe. The credibility of some blogs as authorities on their specific topics is helping this format gain greatly in popularity.
- Very flexible – While companies and organizations might have (and probably should have) style guidelines for their blogs, the format remains highly flexible. This is a creative outlet for reaching out, creating brand recognition and communicating with readers.
- Easy to update – Blogs are fairly easy to keep updated. It is not necessary to have highly polished, multipage posts put online every day to reap the rewards of blogging. Even a short post of 200 or 300 words can be useful for updating a blog and ensuring its content is fresh. While quality pieces are essential, they do not have to take up a tremendous amount of time to produce.
- Fun – Maintaining a blog and learning to use the tool to capture an audience is actually a fun undertaking. This is one of the most enjoyable ways to reach out and connect personally with clients and potential clients.
- Interactive – Receive feedback from readers through comments.
Blogging is an effective, low-cost way to gain attention for a particular brand. You can potentially reach an endless number of people online and it stretches well across international boundaries. This means companies can reach out and literally grow their businesses on a global level using this high-tech, low-dollar tool.
Would you like to discover how to use blogging to attract customers and quickly grow your business?
May I recommend Blogging Fundamentals for Business: An Online Business-Building Workshop