Did you know that Pinterest is now the 3 most popular social media network in terms of US traffic! – Source: Experian
With over 11 million unique monthly visitors, Pinterest became the first website to eclipse the 10 million per month mark ever.
The demographics and stats are quite staggering
According to Mashable daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145% since the beginning of 2012.
Shoppers referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase.
Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in their history.
1/5 of Facebook connected users are on Pinterest daily.
Benefits of Using Pinterest
- You can follow boards, not just people
- You can bookmark visually and find things easier
- It takes virtually no time or commitment to show what you like
- It’s a huge abundance of eye candy and it’s fun to use
Why Use it for Business?
- It provides an endless branding opportunity
- It gives you exposure to a totally new audience
- You can create unique customer experiences
- The traffic advantages
- Increased revenue, because people referred by Pinterest are more likely to make a purchase
Enjoy this Infographic about Pinterest as a possible Social Commerce game changer!
Let me know in the comments if you use or consider using Pinterest, and follow me on Pinterest!